A whipped yogurt cup is the perfect treat to end your meal. It is sweet, creamy and packs a crunch, thanks to the pistachios! With its low sugar and high protein content, this dessert can help prevent blood sugar spikes while satisfying your sweet tooth. Berries contain fibre and antioxidants, and pistachios are high in protein, fibre and vitamins. You can choose your favourite seasonal berries or substitute them with frozen berries in the off-season. For ease of use, look for shelled pistachios. Go ahead, enjoy this creamy delight as dessert or a snack!
Nutritional information (per serving*):
Calories: 276; Protein (15g); Total Fat (14g); Saturated Fat (7g); Carbohydrates (26g); Sugar (16g); Fibre (3g); Sodium (98mg).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt (3.5%)
- ¼ cup organic whipping cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- Zest lime into a bowl or a stand mixer. Juice the lime into the bowl.
- Add Greek yogurt, maple syrup or honey and whipping cream into the bowl/stand mixer.
- With a whisk attachment, mix on low for about 15 seconds to prevent splashing. Then mix on medium-high for about 5 minutes or until peaks start to form.
- Transfer to two serving cups. Top with berries and shelled pistachios.
- Use an electric hand mixer if you don't have a stand mixer.
- Try plant-based yogurt and coconut cream as dairy-free alternatives. Keep in mind that plant-based options often contain less protein than their dairy counterparts.
- For more variety, try different fruits and nuts.