When you are affected by osteoarthritis, everyday actions can be daunting. This 1.5 hour virtual* workshop is one of a series of workshops led by an Arthritis Society Canada Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist that provides up-to-date information on managing spine osteoarthritis. This workshop is funded by Ontario Health and available at no additional charge for people with a valid Ontario health card.
Attending this workshop will help you learn to:
- Understand your diagnosis and possible causes of your pain
- Recognize how good posture can help manage your pain
- Learn and practice simple daily exercises to strengthen and improve flexibility
- Identify strategies, tips and tools to reduce neck and back strain in daily activities
- Utilize an interactive self-management workbook including links to resources
Participants will have the opportunity to interact with others who share their condition and understand their experiences.
You should attend the introductory workshop "Take Action: Managing Osteoarthritis" before attending the “Managing Spine Osteoarthritis” workshop.
Pre-registration is required. Contact us to register for this session – 1.800.321.1433 ext. 3307
Registrants must have a valid Ontario Health Card and be present in Ontario at the time of the workshop
* Requires computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone, internet/Wi-Fi access and email address. The workshop is best viewed on a computer or a tablet.
Learn more about the Arthritis Rehabilitation and Education Program (AREP).