What We Do:
Arthritis Society Canada is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career with us is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are united, transformative and impactful culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. We are honoured to be a 2022 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Our AREP Team:
The Arthritis Rehabilitation and Education Program (AREP) provides a range of treatment and education services for adults and children with arthritis. Services are free, available in most regions in Ontario, and are funded by the Ontario Government for people with an Ontario Health Card and a confirmed diagnosis of arthritis. Our team of specially trained physiotherapists, occupational therapists and social work professionals will provide people with arthritis with the care, strategies, guidance and education they need to better manage their arthritis and live well.
Purpose of Role:
As a Clinician (Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist) at Arthritis Society Canada, you will play a vital role in delivering evidence-based, patient centered services to individuals with arthritis through the Arthritis Rehabilitation and Education Program (AREP). Reporting to the Director of Clinical Care, you will work collaboratively within a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, providing care both in-person and virtually, utilizing innovative technology.
- Utilizes advanced rheumatology skills and chronic disease management principles to provide rehabilitation to individuals with arthritis.
- Collaboratively establish customized Arthritis Service Plans that address both immediate and long-term needs and goals of patients and their families.
- Conduct group education sessions for patients and families, focusing on arthritis self-management and related topics, both in-person and virtually.
- Assess the clinical status of the patient within a defined scope of practice.
- Facilitate continuity of care among external health professionals and service providers.
- Advocate for patient access to arthritis care and resources.
- Create organized and accurate patient files with thorough documentation of events, decisions, interventions, decisions, and outcomes in accordance with AREP guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Establish, grow and monitor strategic partnerships across external healthcare settings to improve the accessibility, delivery and presence of AREP services.
- Provide internal and external education on arthritis, engage in approved clinical program development and evaluation, and participate in quality improvement and research activities.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy.
- Member in good standing of the relevant regulatory College of Ontario.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience within a busy and progressive ambulatory health environment preferred.
- Experience working with people with musculoskeletal and chronic diseases preferred.
- Experience working in a progressive interprofessional setting preferred.
- Previous experience with OTN, or other platforms for delivery of virtual service preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, and other scheduling & electronic medical record software experience preferred.
- French language skills is an asset.
Some Highlights of What we Offer:
- Health & Wellness: Extended healthcare benefits (including dental, vision, prescription drugs & disability coverage), choice of healthcare spending account and/or healthy living account, virtual 24/7 healthcare access & discounted fitness membership.
- Time-Away Programs: Vacation (at least 3 weeks), personal days, holiday closure & summer hours.
- Ways of Working: Working with us doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our dedication to enabling you to flourish means that you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to the needs of your role, the people you serve and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home and office-based options available. We will always list a primary location which will be where you go for in-person teamwork.
- Retirement Planning: DCPP whereby you contribute 4% of earnings & we match this with 5%, and a convenient reduced-fees Group RRSP scheme.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested in a different role or know someone that would be a great fit for our team? We are creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!