Led by the Manager, Applications & Donor Services, this analytics professional is accountable for driving and facilitating excellence across systems, applications and database management, and ultimately ensuring gold standard service and experience that deepens donor engagement with Arthritis Society Canada. A sophisticated and savvy analytics professional, passionate about utilizing technology to further our innovation mandate, the Senior Data Analyst will partner with the nationwide revenue development team to leverage data in shaping fundraising initiatives.
The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Manager, Applications & Donor Services with leading and inspiring a culture of excellence in service to Arthritis Society Canada’s donors and internal stakeholders.
- Driving transformation and proactivity within the department.
- Providing technical support (including troubleshooting) and database training internally.
- Creating process improvements for data importing and exporting.
- Driving best-in-class Raiser’s Edge database files maintenance, clean up, mining and modules usage.
- Creating reports and exports for end-users, providing data analytics and visualization, and manipulating and extracting data to support our fundraising campaigns.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience working as a data analyst, preferably in the health care or not-for-profit sector.
- 3+ years of experience on Python, Power BI and SQL skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with data processing and donor records maintenance, as well as excellent donor services skills.
- Proficient user of Excel including Macros and VBA.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python and R.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and has a sense of ownership.
- Strong knowledge of CRA receipting requirements and private information policy knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a collaborative style with local and nationwide colleagues and stakeholders, both in-person and remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver excellent, timely customer service.
- Exceptional written, oral and persuasive presentation skills.
- A high level of comfort and experience with databases (Raiser’s Edge experience preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical skills with strong attention to detail to effectively problem solve.
- Bilingual (English and French) language skills an asset.
What We Do:
Arthritis Society Canada is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career at Arthritis Society Canada is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are a diverse, innovative, agile and performance-driven culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is honoured to be a 2022 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
In furtherance of its mission and strategic priorities, Arthritis Society Canada commits to promoting inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) through its information and support, advocacy, programming, internal policies, and governance structures. In selecting individuals and furthering the goals of our IDEA work, the Arthritis Society Canada will aim to ensure that our people reflect the knowledge, experience, skills and diversity (including but not limited to diversity of gender, race, and geographical location) of the communities we live in and serve.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Arthritis Society Canada is creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!
COVID-19 Vaccinations: A requirement of employment at Arthritis Society Canada is to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including receiving such booster vaccinations as are recommended by provincial or federal health authorities from time-to-time). As such, successful candidates must provide satisfactory proof to Arthritis Society Canada that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Arthritis Society Canada will consider, on a case-by-case basis, requests for medical or other exemptions from this requirement based on protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Where an exemption is granted, an employee may be required to undergo testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result at regular intervals to be determined by Arthritis Society Canada, and at the cost of the individual (subject to applicable law). At Arthritis Society Canada’s discretion, this vaccination requirement may be extended to apply to such other vaccinations as are required or recommended by provincial or federal health authorities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and community, including by preventing infectious disease transmission.