Reporting to the Vice President, Western Canada, and working closely with the nationwide revenue development team, the Manager, Sponsorship & Community Partnerships is responsible for growing revenues by developing a robust sponsorship and community partnerships pipeline tasked with significantly growing revenue to $1M+ per year to support revenue growth of Arthritis Society Canada's new 5-year strategic plan. The focus of this role will be to bring in sponsorship and community partnerships (focused on British Columbia and supporting the organization nationwide), by building and managing donors.
Main duties will include:
- Driving corporate revenues by sourcing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing fundraising opportunities, while stewarding current partners to renew and grow revenues from partnerships.
- Developing and executing on annual plans for achieving revenue targets.
- Soliciting event sponsorship for annual fundraising events and national projects.
- Developing sponsorship packages, proposals and sponsorship fulfillment reports.
- Playing a key role in achieving revenue targets for the nationwide corporate development team by working with local revenue development staff to build impactful organization-wide partnerships.
- Demonstrating excellence in managing key accounts under the direction of the Vice President, Western Canada, ensuring that the business objectives of both the organization and the corporate partners are aligned.
- Continuously researching market data/information and seizing potential opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of the corporate partnerships landscape is a must.
- The ability to develop and execute long-term plans based on a strong business acumen and deep comprehension of industry trends, while prioritizing objectives in order to leverage short-term opportunities.
- A high degree of skill in strategic business development is essential, specifically the ability to build strong and authentic partnerships with new corporations, while growing the value of existing corporate partnerships.
- A self-starter with deep sales experience who is passionately driven to exceed targets and go that extra mile.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), including excellent presentation skills, are a key requirement for this role.
- Experience developing proposals, reports and other related communications are mandatory.
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products is a must, with donor/client database experience preferred.
- Exceptional written, editing, oral and presentation skills. Bilingual (English, Cantonese/Mandarin, and Hindi/Punjabi) language skills an asset.
What We Do:
Arthritis Society Canada is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career at Arthritis Society Canada is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are a diverse, innovative, agile and performance-driven culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. Arthritis Society Canada is honoured to be a 2022 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Some highlights of what we offer:
- Performance Rewards: Pay for performance incentive program.
- Health & Wellness: Extended healthcare benefits (including dental, vision, prescription drugs & disability coverage), choice of healthcare spending account and/or healthy living account, virtual healthcare & discounted fitness membership.
- Time-Away Programs: Vacation (at least 3 weeks), personal days, holiday closure & summer hours.
- Retirement Planning: DCPP whereby you contribute 4% of earnings & we match this with 5%.
In furtherance of its mission and strategic priorities, Arthritis Society Canada commits to promoting inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) through its information and support, advocacy, programming, internal policies, and governance structures. In selecting individuals and furthering the goals of our IDEA work, Arthritis Society Canada will aim to ensure that our people reflect the knowledge, experience, skills and diversity (including but not limited to diversity of gender, race, and geographical location) of the communities we live in and serve. If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Arthritis Society Canada is creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!
COVID-19 Vaccinations: A requirement of employment at Arthritis Society Canada is to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including receiving such booster vaccinations as are recommended by provincial or federal health authorities from time-to-time). As such, successful candidates must provide satisfactory proof to Arthritis Society Canada that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Arthritis Society Canada will consider, on a case-by-case basis, requests for medical or other exemptions from this requirement based on protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Where an exemption is granted, an employee may be required to undergo testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result at regular intervals to be determined by Arthritis Society Canada, and at the cost of the individual (subject to applicable law). At Arthritis Society Canada’s discretion, this vaccination requirement may be extended to apply to such other vaccinations as are required or recommended by provincial or federal health authorities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and community, including by preventing infectious disease transmission.