Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Manager, Donor Services will lead the work of the nationwide donor services and applications teams, ensuring excellence in service and experience that deepens donor engagement with the Arthritis Society. Key areas of team oversight include gift administration, tax receipting and data integrity. As the center of expertise internally for our Raiser’s Edge donor database application and its functionality, the Manager will work closely with the nationwide revenue development and finance teams ensuring seamless leveraging of the database for maximum user efficiency and experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in managing a large applications and data services team, preferably in the health care or not-for-profit sector.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented professional.
- Passionate about leading excellence in donor experience, and proven expertise in overseeing best-in-class internal data management operations (including data processing and donor records maintenance).
- Proven ability to mentor, coach, inspire and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Familiarity with financial systems and processes. Strong knowledge of CRA receipting requirements and private information policy knowledge.
- Technologically savvy. Strong level of comfort and experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a collaborative style with local and nationwide colleagues and stakeholders, both in-person and remotely. Bilingual (English and French) language skills an asset.
A requirement of employment at the Arthritis Society is to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including receiving such booster vaccinations as are recommended by provincial or federal health authorities from time-to-time). As such, successful candidates must provide satisfactory proof to the Arthritis Society that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Arthritis Society will consider, on a case-by-case basis, requests for medical or other exemptions from this requirement based on protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Where an exemption is granted, an employee may be required to undergo testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result at regular intervals to be determined by the Arthritis Society, and at the cost of the individual (subject to applicable law). At the Arthritis Society’s discretion, this vaccination requirement may be extended to apply to such other vaccinations as are required or recommended by provincial or federal health authorities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and community, including by preventing infectious disease transmission.
What We Do:
The Arthritis Society is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career at the Arthritis Society is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are a diverse, innovative, agile and performance-driven culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is honoured to be a 2019-2021 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Some highlights of what we offer:
- Performance Rewards: Pay for performance incentive program.
- Health & Wellness: Extended healthcare benefits (including dental, vision, prescription drugs & disability coverage), choice of healthcare spending account and/or healthy living account, EAP & discounted fitness membership.
- Time-Away Programs: Vacation (at least 3 weeks), personal days, holiday closure & summer hours.
- Retirement Planning: DCPP whereby you contribute 4% of earnings & we match this with 5%.
In furtherance of its mission and strategic priorities, the Arthritis Society commits to promoting inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) through its information and support, advocacy, programming, internal policies, and governance structures. In selecting individuals and furthering the goals of our IDEA work, the Arthritis Society will aim to ensure that our people reflect the knowledge, experience, skills and diversity (including but not limited to diversity of gender, race, and geographical location) of the communities we live in and serve.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2, 2022. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arthritis Society is creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!