The Manager, Digital Fundraising is responsible for the leadership and daily coordination of the Arthritis Society’s digital direct marketing program. This role ensures an effective and strategic integration of digital fundraising activities that support and amplify the organization’s Direct Response activities, key campaigns such as Arthritis Awareness Month and other fundraising channels across the country. This individual partners with external service providers and internal stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of donor campaigns, including but not limited to relationship management, budget setting and annual program planning. Some ongoing support of the Direct Mail program will also be part of the day-to-day activities in this role.
This role requires an ambitious and highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter interested in driving change, anticipating trends and thinking outside the box. This individual brings fundraising/digital experience, a proven track record of meeting fundraising and strategic goals, leadership skills, a strong work ethic, a passion for technology and commitment to being a strong team player. The Manager, Digital Fundraising juggles multiple deadlines and successfully works in a fast-paced, highly detail-oriented environment to accurately provide executional excellence in the development of digital appeals and campaigns.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or fundraising certification
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in direct and digital marketing, and online fundraising
- Experience of direct mail integration with digital fundraising would be an asset
- Strong command of direct marketing principles
- Experience with ad platforms including Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytic skills and an appreciation of databases
- Superior multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Vendor or Client Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Raisers Edge would be an asset
- Experience in online giving platforms such as Luminate Online would be an asset
- French language skills an asset
A requirement of employment at the Arthritis Society is to be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including receiving such booster vaccinations as are recommended by provincial or federal health authorities from time-to-time). As such, successful candidates must provide satisfactory proof to the Arthritis Society that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The Arthritis Society will consider, on a case-by-case basis, requests for medical or other exemptions from this requirement based on protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation. Where an exemption is granted, an employee may be required to undergo testing for COVID-19 and demonstrate a negative result at regular intervals to be determined by the Arthritis Society, and at the cost of the individual (subject to applicable law). At the Arthritis Society’s discretion, this vaccination requirement may be extended to apply to such other vaccinations as are required or recommended by provincial or federal health authorities to maintain a safe and healthy workplace and community, including by preventing infectious disease transmission.
What We Do:
The Arthritis Society is on a mission to fight the fire of arthritis with the fire of research, innovation, advocacy and information and support. That’s because arthritis robs six million Canadians of their mobility, mental and physical well-being, and in some cases, their livelihood. It is Canada’s most common chronic condition, and there is no cure.
Why Join Us:
A career at the Arthritis Society is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to push back against the devastation of arthritis. Fighting the fire of arthritis gives meaning to our work, incites collective action and drives us to excellence in all we do. Our bold and ambitious strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, is propelling our work to create transformational change. We are a diverse, innovative, agile and performance-driven culture. Our people are essential to our efforts and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is honoured to be a 2019-2021 Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures winner, and proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Some highlights of what we offer:
- Performance Rewards: Pay for performance incentive program.
- Health & Wellness: Extended healthcare benefits (including dental, vision, prescription drugs & disability coverage), choice of healthcare spending account and/or healthy living account, EAP & discounted fitness membership.
- Time-Away Programs: Vacation (at least 3 weeks), personal days, holiday closure & summer hours.
- Retirement Planning: DCPP whereby you contribute 4% of earnings & we match this with 5%.
In furtherance of its mission and strategic priorities, the Arthritis Society commits to promoting inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) through its information and support, advocacy, programming, internal policies, and governance structures. In selecting individuals and furthering the goals of our IDEA work, the Arthritis Society will aim to ensure that our people reflect the knowledge, experience, skills and diversity (including but not limited to diversity of gender, race, and geographical location) of the communities we live in and serve.
If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 20, 2022. We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arthritis Society is creating an organization that is an exceptional place to work and volunteer. You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada, and learn more about why you should join our team to help extinguish arthritis for good!