This symptom checker summary sheet is designed as a resource to help you communicate more effectively with your health care provider about symptoms you may be experiencing. Simply download and print out your results and take them to your next appointment with your health care provider.
- Have you had persistent joint pain for 6 weeks or more?
Yes, more than 6 weeks
- How many joints are affected?
Several or many joints
- Are the joints affected symmetrical, asymmetrical or only in the spine?
Symmetrical - The same affected joints are usually on both sides of your body.
- Which joints are affected?
Mid and lower backSmaller joints such as the knuckles in your hands and feet.Weight bearing joints such as knees, hips.
- When and for how long does your pain and stiffness occur?
Lasting an hour or more after getting out of bed in the morning or after inactivity and also pain that wakes you during night.
- Select all symptoms that apply to you:
Decrease in appetiteFever or flu like symptomsHard, painful bumps on your fingers jointsOngoing pain in your buttocks, shoulders or chestPainful joints are swollen and warmPitted, grooved and/or discoloured nailsSwollen fingers or toes, or entire digit swollen (like a sausage)