Childhood Arthritis Advisory Council Member
The Arthritis Society is seeking an expression of interest from individuals to volunteer as a member of the Childhood Arthritis Advisory Council. This individual would be either a person with childhood arthritis or the parent of a child with arthritis who is willing to share their experience and act as an advisor to The Arthritis Society on opportunities and unmet needs of people affected by childhood arthritis. This collaboration is used to inform the Society on its childhood arthritis activities and strategy.
Council members are required to attend and participate in teleconference meetings in addition to the expectations listed below. Ideal council members:
- Provide advice on the issues and needs of people affected by childhood arthritis;
- Review and provide input into the implementation of activities under the childhood arthritis strategy.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Demonstrate preparedness for meetings;
- Foster and contribute to an open, collaborative and respectful climate, independent of actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest; and,
- Actively provide constructive input to the deliberations and draw upon knowledge, contacts and experience to provide informed input into discussions
- The Council meets up to four times per year (1.5-hour teleconference); Council members are expected to prepare for, attend and participate in all teleconference meetings.
- At least once every second year one meeting will be held in person in Toronto, Ontario.
- It is expected that Council members will avoid any conflict of interest, or appearance of conflict of interest.
- Council members are appointed for a term of two-years. Ordinarily, a person may be appointed for a second term with the concurrence of the chair, vice-chair and past-chair.
The Arthritis Society Governance Structure
The Arthritis Society’s National Board provides overall direction and sets policy for The Society. The Childhood Arthritis Advisory Council is a sub-council of the Mission Committee which reports to the National Board.
Expression of Interest to Join the Childhood Arthritis Advisory Council
If you are interested in joining the Council, please send an expression of interest to Deanna Bowlby at email@example.com