For 46% of Canadians, volunteering is part of their life. The most recent statistics show that Canadians volunteer more than 2 billion hours per year, which is the equivalent of 1.1 million full-time jobs.
Without these volunteers, organizations across the country would not be able to succeed as they do. By fundraising, awareness raising, office assistance, event volunteering, or any other type of voluntary involvement, these Canadians are making a real difference in people’s lives.
Volunteering can benefit you
It is an act of generosity that allows you to assist your favourite charities such as The Arthritis Society while you:
- Learn and develop skills
- Build connections and be part of a community
- Develop new interests
- Meet a diverse range of people
- Experience a sense of achievement
- Share your stories and experiences
- Commit to a lifestyle of healthy aging