Is Your Will Up-to-Date?
If you already have a Will, it is recommended that you review it every three to five years. Read over the following statements.
If ANY are true, you would be wise to consider updating your Will:
- It has been three years or more since I last reviewed my Will.
- My Will was drawn up when I lived in a different province or country.
- There has been a birth in the family.
- There has been a death in the family.
- There has been a change in my marital status.
- The beneficiaries named in my Will are no longer living.
- I would like to add or remove beneficiaries.
- The executor and/or alternate named in my Will are no longer living.
- I would like to change the executor and/or alternate named in my Will.
- There have been changes in the value of my estate.
- I would like to change how I distribute my estate.
- My charitable giving plans have changed.
You answered that at least one of the above statements was true. Please consider downloading our "Planning your Will Guide.