For more than 30 years, The Arthritis Society has funded a group of Arthritis Centres across Canada. Arthritis Centres are the Rheumatology Division of the Department of Medicine at leading Canadian universities. These are the centres of clinical expertise, research and education, and their role in the Canadian health care environment is to help ensure that more Canadians with Arthritis receive better care.
The Arthritis Society provides this funding to supplement and leverage resources at medical schools and to increase the profile of Arthritis within universities. These Centres provide exemplary patient care, a high standard of graduate and undergraduate teaching, and excellent opportunities for clinical and basic science research.
For the current research granting cycle, 10 Arthritis Centres will receive up to $15,000 each, for a term of one year. Congratulations to the following Centres that were awarded funding this year:
- McMaster University; Hamilton, Ontario
- SickKids Hospital, University of Toronto; Toronto, Ontario
- Research Institute of MUHC, McGill University; Montreal, Quebec
- Montreal Children’s Hospital, McGill University; Montreal, Quebec
- University of Manitoba; Winnipeg, Manitoba
- University of Calgary; Calgary, Alberta
- Dalhousie University; Halifax, Nova Scotia
- CHU de Quebec, Université Laval; Ville de Québec, Quebec
- University of Saskatchewan; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- University of Alberta; Edmonton, Alberta
The Arthritis Society and Arthritis Centres across Canada wish to thank our generous donors for their continued support. It is because of your donations that we are able to continue funding these Arthritis Centres, furthering research and aiding in the development of new treatments to one day find a cure for Arthritis.