Day of Surgery
It’s the night before your operation and you’re probably feeling nervous and excited. Here’s what you should know:
- Eat a light meal the evening before your surgery to keep your strength up.
- IMPORTANT: Don’t eat or drink anything after midnight, unless your doctor says this is all right.
- Have a bath or shower the night before your operation so you feel fresh and clean. Do not shave your lower leg; if such preparation is required, this will be done in the hospital.
- Remove nail polish and don’t apply any cosmetics (lipstick, blush, eye makeup) before going to the hospital.
- Leave all valuables (jewelry, cash) at home or with a trusted relative or friend.