Your therapists will give you specific instructions about how to get dressed safely after ankle replacement surgery. Here are some general tips:
- Keep your ankle precautions in mind at all times.
- Choose clothes that are easy to slip off and on.
- Avoid socks or stockings that are too tight (unless your doctor has advised you to wear surgical stockings to prevent swelling).
- Dress in a sitting position if necessary.
- Use a long-handled reacher to position clothes if you find it hard to bend down or bend your leg in the first few weeks.