Joint Matters at Work
Arthritis in the workplace & opportunities for change
Arthritis is a chronic disease that has a devastating physical, mental, emotional, and social impact on the lives of more than 4.6 million Canadians and is one of the leading causes of long-term disability in the country. The annual economic impact of treatment and lost productivity due to arthritis is $33 billion, or 2.7% of Canada’s gross domestic product.
The Arthritis Society is proud to present our Joint Matters At Work initiative, which enables companies to enhance the health and well-being of employees through the promotion of joint health at work.
- Employee wellness programs aimed at driving awareness, education and behaviour change can provide your organization with a healthy return; studies have reported real returns to employers ranging from $1.81 to $6.15 for every $1 invested.
- Healthy employees cost employers less in benefits, workers compensation claims, and lost work days.
Joint Matters at Work - Creating healthy employees and workplaces
- Screening clinic hosted by an Arthritis Society trained physiotherapist to promote early recognition and self-management of arthritis.
- Access to health information in the workplace to encourage employee awareness and workplace health, including health fair kiosks and health promotion presentations (e.g., lunch ’n’ learns).
- Access to online health information including workplace exercises, nutrition and fatigue management.
- Promotional materials including special joint-friendly giveaway for all employees.
For more information please contact:
Paul Haddad at 416.979-7228 ext. 3386 or toll free at 1-800-321-1433 ext. 3386, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the simple stretches demonstrated in this video to help keep joint pain and stiffness from impacting your work day.